Day Off Chocolate Chip Cookies and the January PlaylistPosted: January 17, 2011 | |
Day Off Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
2. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Spoon ping-pong ball sized scoops of dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are browned around the edges.
Best baked and eaten to this January playlist:
1. re: stacks, Bon Iver
2. Major Label Debut, Broken Social Scene
3. Wrecking, Laura Veirs
4. Ida, My, Annuals
5. Sway, Annuals
6. Blindsided, Bon Iver
7. No Cars Go, Arcade Fire
8. Mushaboom, Feist
9. Coconut Skins, Damien Rice
10. Happiness, Elliott Smith
11. Hey, Elvis Perkins
12. Revelry, Kings of Leon
13. Shed Your Love, The Helio Sequence
14. Fake Plastic Trees, Radiohead
15. Eyes, Rogue Wave
16. Oregon, Sunfold
17. Gravity Rides Everything, Modest Mouse